View Single Post
Old 11.04.2011, 15:33
Harrie Nak Harrie Nak is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 469
Groaned at 15 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 188 Times in 110 Posts
Harrie Nak has no particular reputation at present
Re: Girlfriend moving over (UK)

View Post
Hi all, just wanted a couple of tips and up to date info if possible

First of all i'm from the uk working in Lausanne with a B permit, I've got a apartment for a year all in my own name.

My girlfriend, still in the UK is coming over 1st Nov to search for a job (Unless by some miracle she gets offered something while still in the UK) and will move into my apartment.

As far as I can understand she applys for a permit (L?) when she gets here which intitles her to stay for 3mths as a tourist and then after applies for a jobseekers permit to stay a further 3mths?

My questions,
*Will she have to get health insurance from day 1?
*Will I have to let my apartment and in turn insurances know that she is living with me from day one?
*What issues can I expect to face, will I have to sponser her or anything?
*If she has certain amount of money in the bank does this make anything easier with regards permits and me supporting her?

I've already spent an hour searching through threads but all seem either old or slightly differing circumstances.

So any corrections, answers or advice would be greatly received!

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I am looking for the same kind of information and was unable to find much else.

Me (EU passport holder living in Zürich for almost 3 years on a 5-year B permit) wants to bring over girlfriend (EU passport holder) to live with.
Since she has 0 knowledge of the German language, we're thinking of putting her on a intensive German course prior to her job search.
Apart from having an apartment she can live in, I also have enough funds to support her (if needed / required).

Anyone who can tell me how long she'll be allowed to stay? Will that be 3+3 months as well? TIA!
Reply With Quote