View Single Post
Old 15.04.2011, 15:10
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,262 Times in 584 Posts
Meisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance suggestions for pregnancy?

Congratulations

I had semi-private insurance, had a miscarriage and then applied for private insurance and it was declined due to the fact that I had the miscarriage so I had to stay with semi-private (or only have basic).

With the birth of my first child, I shared a room with another lady during my hospital stay. It sucked. I had the room all to myself for 3 days and nights during the hospital stay of my second child and it was great!

IMO, if you can afford to, go private. It was really miserable getting woken up by my roommates baby (and her and her visitors... and the hospital staff taking care of her) whenever I had a couple of hours to rest in between feeding my baby. Plus, not cool sharing a bathroom. Each time one of us would use it, we'd ask the other if they needed to use it first.