View Single Post
Old 15.04.2011, 17:48
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 358 Times in 246 Posts
Thanked 19,155 Times in 9,993 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Working as an independent tutor? (EU B Permit)

Quote:
View Post
Please help me here. If it's homeschooling, why are they hiring a teacher to teach 50 -75% of the time?
Because they are stingy and in fact it is almost full time but paying her only half time, you see?

I fellow band member home-schooled his kiddo for two years when they were expats in my homeland, and honestly, it was hard. He had all the right curriculum, books, imagination and a ton of energy and super high intelligence to improvise and all, but it was him who couldn't find time for band practices as opposed to us working your usual 50-60 hour work weeks. It can be extremely demanding, if one is not at his/her own home country, just to find resources, organize oneself etc. I wouldn't quite on that idea, but would build the work load up, as a TA perhaps, together with a parent, step by step. To home-school in a culture where one grew up and went to school and in a new culture where one is still trying to learn the ropes of things is a different work load.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein

Last edited by MusicChick; 15.04.2011 at 17:58.