View Single Post
Old 20.04.2011, 14:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 618 Times in 523 Posts
Thanked 22,159 Times in 11,629 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CHF=EUR parity. When will it happen?

Quote:
View Post
For me, I think it has been clear all along that Greece will either default ("restructure") and I suspect other countries could follow suit.

The SNB rate rise is an interesting one. SNB isn't really controlling inflation, but I wonder how long this can go on for? It would be a bit of an own goal to have bought all those EURs and then raise the rates.

My guess is that parity would be reached either on the initial Greek default or soon after on the subsequent financial aftershocks and events resulting from this.
Quote:
About "The SNB rate rise is an interesting one.
The big Swiss banks are talking on this topic; whether it is a real forecast or they are just trying to push people from variable to fix rate mortgages would be a good debate.

Quote:
About Chf will have to decline in value or else the Swiss growth outlook will have to be lowered which will help decrease chf value in return.
This is a very logical view but I do not believe this market is following logic; if it was the CHF would not be so high today.

Quote:
About "The other question is if the SNB will try to intervene again"
My view is yes & with the same lack of success as last time. I do not think they are yet ready to accept the small SNB cannot compete successfully against the market forces driving the CHF up.