View Single Post
Old 01.05.2011, 15:54
i_like_turtles's Avatar
i_like_turtles i_like_turtles is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 113
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 139 Times in 49 Posts
i_like_turtles has earned the respect of manyi_like_turtles has earned the respect of manyi_like_turtles has earned the respect of many
Re: Student Visa for an American Grad Student

First of all, congratulations.

I couldn't find any information regarding the canton of St Gallen, but I could for Zurich. I know this isn't what you wanted but hopefully it's similar for St Gallen and should at least give you an idea. Someone else probably knows more, but just wanted to get the ball rolling.

You must produce evidence of sufficient financial means to support your stay in Switzerland. You can do this by providing bank statements and/or scholarship awards. The Canton of Zurich Migration Office requires confirmation from a bank with a branch in Switzerland (foreign bank with a branch in Switzerland ). As a rule, you should be able to provide evidence of having CHF 21'000 at the beginning of each year of your studies. The account must be registered in your own name and the currency must be Swiss Francs, Euros or US Dollars. Please note: Even big and internationally well-known banks are not accepted if they do not have a branch in Switzerland.
Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote