View Single Post
Old 02.05.2011, 17:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,428 Times in 10,577 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kids -To facebook or not to facebook?

I am not sure how constructive this will be, but if he asked himself, just see it as his wish, like for a bike to ride with others on...He may ride into areas you won't like and meet people you disagree with, but if you raised him well, then don't worry.

I am not on FB and consider it lame, actually, but kids do grow up in a different world now. If it is a way to communicate, then allow him. I would also demand his password, with saying, you won't ever use it, just in case something happened with him. I would sit him next to you and explain, to minute details, what can happen online (dangers, stalking, bullying, losing ID, bank details, other secrets, protection, etc.). 11yr old kids are smart, and way smarted with technology than we ever will be. So, I would spill it all to him to make him cautious. I would also get into endocrinology and tell him what happens to body of a teen if he spends too much time sitting on his butt and staring into a pc screen (or tv, for that matter).

I think I would control the time spent in front of TV/PC.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein

Last edited by MusicChick; 02.05.2011 at 22:35.