View Single Post
Old 02.05.2011, 17:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,233 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kids -To facebook or not to facebook?

Interesting modern parenting dilemma. My parents were very strick about friends, peer pressure and fitting in and the rest. Their stance was: you just a kid, and everyone else are just kids, they're not real friends, you won't ever remember them in 10 years, so instead of playing with them, or going to the park or going to the movies, how about you stay in with your parents and practice your arithmetic-that will stay with you forever.

They were right about that, but it didn't make being a kid any easier. The odd time I did sneak in a PG movie or something, it didn't ruin me as the rule makers warned.
But the internet can be a dangerous place. Personally I think that it is something with 11 that is ok, to better connect with your social society, that being said, as a parent, you should have full control and access/monitoring of everything that is being done online. Can never be too safe.