Thread: Cat nightmare
View Single Post
Old 10.05.2011, 11:49

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Flamelily has made some interesting contributions
Cat nightmare

Hello
Our cat has been creating a lot of disturbance at night and I am ready to throw her over the balcony, so please help!

We have recently arrived in Basel and she was able to enjoy a garden at our previous home but is now confined to an appartment (there will be a balcony down the line but not for a few weeks yet). There are toys about for her and she has found comfortable spots to settle.

The rule with our cat has always been that we spend nights separately she in one part of the house, us in the other. But now we are sharing a one-bedroomed flat.

For the first few days we kept the bedroom door shut and had to put plugs in our ears because of the miaowing. Then I decided to let her into the bedroom for fear of her disturbing the neighbours as well as us. At first I was only disturbed about three times per night when she jumped onto my side of the bed. Nevertheless the miaowing stopped.

Last night however, our cat was so annoying by both jumping onto and off the bed and also miaowing loudly. She did not receive much attention during the day or the evening as it was a busy one for us. I feel punished for neglecting her!

Any suggestions please?

The following 2 users would like to thank Flamelily for this useful post: