View Single Post
Old 11.05.2011, 10:18
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Fridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Canadian YZF-R1 import problems

Quote:
View Post
Two thoughts:

It will be 10 years old next year. Does this help if you waited?
Are things easier in other Kantons, like Basel, that get more imports?
Sadly no. it’s an EU wide deal to do with ECE conformity and I’m not sure, but I think it’s 20 years for “collectors” rules.

Quote:
View Post
Well, when I had some difficulty getting the 999R I bought in Italy registered in Ticino, it was the head of MFK Basel that offered to check through my documents (I faxed them to him after speaking to him on the phone), and verified that they were all in order, but I don't think you can avoid the extra inspection. But he was very helpful (however only speaks German).

MFK Basel has an informative website as well.
Basel’s site is actually much more useful than Zürich’s, thanks. All my conversations with these guys have been in German (along with a couple that I swear were swiss german, contrary to their claims), so maybe I'll give him a call.

What really gets me, is that according to the guy at Berner Fachhochschule, (and I suppose I’ll listen to him as he’s the only qualified place in the country for bike emissions) the bike model is absolutely identical, and it’s literally only the ece paperwork! What am I getting for 2000 CHF? I poorly written piece of paper… there has to be an alternative.