View Single Post
Old 21.10.2007, 13:42
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Dodger has an excellent reputationDodger has an excellent reputationDodger has an excellent reputationDodger has an excellent reputation
Re: Rugby World Cup 2007 [in general]

Quote:
View Post
Not at all, just because I haven't voiced it in here doesn't mean it's not an opinion I've held for quite some time. It's just so boring seeing a ball being kicked back and forth and really pathetic that not a single (given) try was scored in the final of a rugby world cup.
I've never been a fan of the over-use of kicking in rugby, and have always felt that a game that is full of kicks and no tries is boring. But making this opinion known a while ago only got me shouted down as a whining Aussie who doesn't understand the game, because England beat us in the quarter final by its kicking (and that we were crap, no question there). But, after last night, such sentiments against so much kicking are tolerable. Funny that...

But moving on, something should be done. More and more countries are showing interest in the game, and last night's tryless game is not helping in attracting the interest necessary to make the game attractive in these other countries.