View Single Post
Old 21.10.2007, 15:10

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nairda has made some interesting contributions
Re: Rugby World Cup 2007 [in general]

IMHO the game should be about tries. The change from 4 points to 5 points for a try certainly helped, but personally I'd only award 1 point for any kicked score (penalty, goal, conversion) - and yes, I said that 4 years ago too.

And now American football has rightly been ridiculed is it time to mention world series rounders .

Quote:
View Post
I've never been a fan of the over-use of kicking in rugby, and have always felt that a game that is full of kicks and no tries is boring. But making this opinion known a while ago only got me shouted down as a whining Aussie who doesn't understand the game, because England beat us in the quarter final by its kicking (and that we were crap, no question there). But, after last night, such sentiments against so much kicking are tolerable. Funny that...

But moving on, something should be done. More and more countries are showing interest in the game, and last night's tryless game is not helping in attracting the interest necessary to make the game attractive in these other countries.