View Single Post
Old 21.05.2011, 18:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 90 Times in 62 Posts
Thanked 3,638 Times in 1,459 Posts
Snoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerlanded with a noise complaint

Quote:
View Post
I personally don't understand why this thread was resurrected today just to be judgmental, especially since it is apparent that some people did not READ everything before they decided to chime in.

I started my response by addressing each and every inaccuracy and mis-judgement. However, it became apparent to me that some of my fellow EFers just like to put others down to make themselves feel better. So I will not be addressing each individual. I will simply say that:

1. There is nothing in the Tierschutzgesetz that I could find that defines what constitutes neglect in Switzerland. Therefore, I would appreciate it if certain EFers would refrain from inserting their opinions into law and insinuating that their opinions are therefore fact.
2. EFers need to READ before they post replies and start passing judgement on others. One person quoted and BOLDed one of my statements and still failed to comprehend a key verb as they proceeded to scold.
3. If you are going to direct another EFer to a consumer resource, then post a helpful link or name and address of said resource, especially if you purport that it is one that you are using.
If you are referring to my post then you misinterpreted me. I am not being judgemental, merely telling you the way it is. You can like it or lump it. You're the new kid on the block. You will be doing yourself an immense favour if you take the attitude of listen and learn, rather than "I've been here 5 minutes, I know all there is to know and they can't touch me." There are enough threads on the forum by people who didn't get with the programme, get themselves into a position somewhere between a rock and a hard spot, plead ignorance and want to know how to fix the problem. The fix is: do all you can to make sure you don't end up in that place in the first place.

You are in temporary accommodation. I get it. When you find somewhere permanent your new landlord will want to know where you have been living. May want to have a reference from your landlord. If you don't provide one the new landlord may become suspicious. If you do, the old landlord may say that he/she had complaints about the dog. Maybe....maybe not. With the well documented difficulties in finding places to live I would think you would want to make sure you hold as many aces as you can.

But hey, what do I know, I've only lived here some 40 years....

Added:

Link to the Tierschutzverein Sirnach. In it you will find a passage which says that dogs can be left alone for 5 hours.
http://www.tsv-sirnach.ch/haupt/info...dehaltung.html

Last edited by Snoopy; 21.05.2011 at 18:43. Reason: added link
The following 2 users would like to thank Snoopy for this useful post: