View Single Post
Old 14.09.2006, 23:53
Forum Legend

Groaned at 41 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 4,899 Times in 1,697 Posts
Nickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: “English” car for sale

we have our UK car over here, we also drove over with it piled high with our belongings, we have driven back and forth a few times since and are still insured with a UK insurance company, unfortunately its only insured 3rd party whilst abroad at the moment and not insured for me to drive we are however looking into the AA to insure - we will eventually take it back to the UK and sell once we are fully settled here but in the meantime we hardly use it (only at weekends) and as long as I am a passenger we can get by with the car park ticket machines etc...

Quote:
Hey Mark

To answer your question (in my case anyway), we had two cars in the UK and sold one but brought the other one over here with loads of our stuff in it. It's old (97) so not worth much anyway and we figured might as well keep it till we get a new one.

You're right though, if we had known in advance how much we had to do we would never have brought it. We were advised by my husbands relocators that it would be no problem, but we should have checked up on that ourselves!

Only other option is to sell it here or trade it in, but in the meantime need to sort out insurance as my UK cover runs out soon!!