View Single Post
Old 30.05.2011, 18:18
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Fridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Canadian YZF-R1 import problems

Quote:
View Post
Sorry to hear all the trouble. In this case, the best would still seem to be the official Yamaha importer. They have access to all the appropriate info, documentation etc...
If not escalate it to Yamaha Europe.

All the best
I've been told that if an official importer was to conduct an inspection and find the bike to be of a satisfactorily similar spec, that this could over-ride the emissions control test requirement.

To this effect, I've now been in communication with Hostettler AG, who is apparently the Yamaha importer for ZH. I can't seem to get anywhere with them though - the email turn-around is well over a week and when they do answer, they either miss the point of my email and go on a tangent, or answer a part of one of the questions... I've tried calling but there never seems to be anyone there.

Does anyone know of another importer that I could deal with? I don't care if I have to cross the country, the unprofessionalism of these guys will put me over the edge.