View Single Post
Old 08.06.2011, 23:51
Forum Legend

Groaned at 281 Times in 187 Posts
Thanked 18,461 Times in 7,744 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Renting a flat with a B permit

I'm wondering where I can get an authoritative answer for this. I'm on an EU B permit and always thought it was possible to rent out property you own.

However, I heard from a couple of sources and they said I needed a C permit. I also spoke to the Grundbuchamt who told me I wasn't allowed to buy or rent out property, then said no I was OK to do both.

Can someone point me to an authoritative law (maybe generally on what you can or can't do with B/C permit) on this?

Also, anyone here had experience of applying for a C permit early. Since I already need to get it replaced for the change in canton, I wonder if I can jump to a C permit after only 2.5 years.