View Single Post
Old 12.06.2011, 09:56
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 63 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,115 Posts
KeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dog parks in Switzerland

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I am wondering if there any updates.

I would very much like to find a fenced dog park anywhere near Basel, since my schnauzer is getting very anxious to play. [And of course, I don't want to play with him at home because I live next to grumpy old sods who complain about any noise at any time of day. ]

I've seen a few areas where dog owners meet to let their dogs play, but I don't trust the areas because they are not fenced, and I don't have good verbal recall on the Schnauzer, plus he's got a very high prey drive. The last thing I need is for him to see a squirrel and take off running after it.

The Beagle could also use some socialization, but I'm not worried about him running away. He usually tires quickly at then comes and stands by me or goes off following his nose (nose on = ears off). So as long as I keep an eye on him he's easy to catch.

Has anything changed in recent years since this thread was started? Has anything been tried at all to get a fenced in dog park anywhere? It seems all the fencing and prime grassy areas go to playing football, or there's a sign that says dogs aren't allowed.

Thanks in advance for your answers!