View Single Post
Old 14.06.2011, 20:16
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,262 Times in 584 Posts
Meisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: health insurance and hebamme [Midwife] expenses

Quote:
View Post
Hi ladies

Does anyone know if I am supposed to arrange my birthing mid-wife prior to giving birth (ie. the midwife who will assist the doctor during the birth)?? I thought that the hebamme assistance was for helping me after the birth and the hospital would arrange a mid-wife for during the birth, but I have heard some conflicting information and am now totally confused

Thanks!
Hello Magpie

I only arranged my mid-wife (the one to come over to my house) after the birth. The one's who assisted the doctor are employees of the hospital where my doctor works.
There is a telephone number for the midwives in Zurich that you can call and they will arrange for someone who lives in your area to come and see you when you are at home. I found this website: http://www.hebamme.ch/de/elt/heb/dir.cfm?md=kt&kt=zh. Maybe just check with your gynae, he/she will be abel to point you in the right direction.