View Single Post
Old 26.10.2007, 19:51
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 173 Times in 93 Posts
Thanked 1,143 Times in 630 Posts
Cashboy has a reputation beyond reputeCashboy has a reputation beyond reputeCashboy has a reputation beyond reputeCashboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Advice on importing furniture for resale

Quote:
View Post
Am investigating the opportunity to import furniture into Switzerland for retail & wholesale onto the local market.
Not looking to do anything large in volume to start with, but am looking to do a trial run shortly.
What do I need to be aware of when transporting goods into Switzerland ? i.e. Zoll etc .... will be bringing this in directly, not via a recognised shipper.

Thanks P
Oddly enough I have been looking at furniture for my appartments as want to rent them furnished.
I live in Mendriso - Ticino.
Mainly seems to be Ikea or Migros Home stuff that to me looks cheap but isn't cheap for what it is.
Like you I have been looking for proper wooden furniture and was wondering if there would be a market for it in Switzerland as doesn't seem readily available and if so very expensive.
http://www.jufurniture.co.uk/boston.html

I have even negotiated prices with this furniture company in the UK who imports container loads and can get direct container loads to Switzerland for me.
Interested to hear your opinions as well.
This user would like to thank Cashboy for this useful post: