View Single Post
Old 17.06.2011, 18:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 332 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wish I brought it/wish I had left it at home

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,

My family will be moving over to the Lausanne area in August from the USA and as I sort through all our belongings trying to determine what to stuff into the seagoing container the company will provide I wonder....

Is there anything you wish you had brought along that is now impractical to retrieve. Or, is there anything you brought that you now wonder why you ever thought you'd need it?

I realize a lot will depend on the housing we end up with but things like... a snowblower, a gas grill (would require modifications), the kids battery powered car, all those toys....., a big crate of non-perishable food??

I'm assuming the less the better, but any thoughts would be appreciated.
Load as much as you allowed. Even electrical things. Do not forget that there are adapters/transformers for lots of things. In case of the gas grill the question is how much it did cost originally. To replace the kids battery powered car might be rather expensive here, so load it ! A crate with your favourite non-perishable food may be an idea. Do not forget that your company pays for the container and not for the weight, so that the weight does not matter. So, first load the most important things, but when you have the important stuff in the container, fill the empty space with things like beloved chairs, and in case of doubt even furniture. FILL IT UP