View Single Post
Old 21.06.2011, 11:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 301 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 22,435 Times in 8,142 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RAV bridging between jobs

No problem at all, they have to pay. I would have to look it up, but if I remeber correctly is the waiting period for people under 120k CHF just five days, so you get three weeks money. I think above that does the waiting period hit one months pretty soon in which case the wife wouldn't see a lot.

Some questions though:
- did the new employer suggest November or the wife?
- is the new employer aware of the wife's current employer closing down?

The RAV might give them a call and check weather somebody is generating a garden leave themselves... but they normally don't. I was in the same situation before and with the RAV for exactly one month. One thing I have to mention as it was insanely stupid: While I already had my offer, they insisted that I needed to continue to write applications for the one month! (But hey, I can pump out those ten applications a month within an hour if I do not want the jobs anyway and therefore send out some standard email with cv)
The following 4 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post: