View Single Post
Old 21.06.2011, 12:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 301 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 22,437 Times in 8,144 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RAV bridging between jobs

Quote:
View Post
Interesting that in some cantons, RAV don't make you go through the information session. In Neuchâtel, everyone seems to have to do it. When I was laid off a year ago along with seven colleagues (all in relatively senior positions), all of us were made to attend a session during which we were told absolutely nothing that wasn't already written down in the various brochures that we were given.

Thankfully, when I went back recently to sign on again, they exempted me from it because I had already attended last year.
I think in my case was it more the timing: I went to the RAV for "my" one month exactly when the financial crisis hit Zurich and the RAVs were totally overworked... If I remember correctly, I would have to attend the course as well, but since my advisor could only get me a place in a course AFTER I started my new job we agreed that this makes no sense.