View Single Post
Old 23.06.2011, 21:57
The Marmite Moderator

Groaned at 446 Times in 340 Posts
Thanked 22,078 Times in 11,469 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
hi

I have a strong feeling that I will be fired tomorrow if I go into work. The senior managers had a meeting about my status and shortly afterwards, I saw my boss sitting with the HR manager.

My 3 month probationary period is over on July 1st. I am not a terrible employee, but I am terribly unconcentrated when one of the gruffer managers comes over to shout at me. He is the one who is driving all of this, but I get along with my boss extremely well.

The question is - if I take a stress leave of a week, how will this change my situation? Can they fire me by e-mail? I have some interviews lined up, but need as much money as I can get, and don't want to lose any vacation pay that I might get.

Any ideas or suggestions?
They can fire you when you return, the notice period will be a month, rather than a week, so if your not at work at the end of this month you would probably be paid untill the end of August.
Have you worked before in CH over the last 24 months? if so you may be entitled to unemployment pay.
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: