Thread: teething
View Single Post
Old 24.06.2011, 14:42
Forum Legend

Groaned at 21 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,173 Posts
mimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Teething meds

Quote:
View Post
I didn't really have a fussy child through teething, but a halved pain au lait, worked, clear, peeled carrot, cold cucumber worked really well. It was fun to play with, but not too icy (icy cold things put the blood circulation in overdrive and it hurts more soon after) nor chemical so I was happy with it. Mechanical help with teething speeds up the process of gum cutting, we always did this for a day or two and the tooth was out.

You were one of the lucky ones then! I don't like to medicate my little one more than necessary but when she was teething she was given the full works every time. Cold carrots and stuff to chew on just didn't cut the mustard with her. Working fulltime/being in fulltime daycare and both of us being up all night did not bode well for either of us.

She also always seemed to come down with a cold and fungal infection everytime she cut a new tooth (the best being when all four eye teeth came out at once ).

I am so pleased to be past the worst of this now

Glad everything arrived safely Nicky and I hope it helps. Don't worry about the rep, I'm not fussed.....honest

By the way, when I went searching my cupboards it seemed I'd ditched it all in an overly enthusiatic moment of packing so I bought some new stuff back from Scotland this weekend as I didn't want to let you down
This user would like to thank mimi1981 for this useful post: