Thread: teething
View Single Post
Old 24.06.2011, 15:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 21 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,173 Posts
mimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: teething

Quote:
Just a word of caution with trying to advance the teething with abrasion (i.e. hard or splintery foods). My dental hygienist warned me that it can spark an infection which can end up being much more painful than the actual teething.

It's rare but it was enough to make me stick to a cooled gel teether ring for my son. Although we came out of the teething phase relatively unscathed.

My MIL had recommended bits of bread but that might have been done "in her day."

I heard the same thing from my little ones dentist. She advised to avoid crunchy food when she was teething for this reason and to stick to foods like pasta and mashed potato.

Each to their own in my opinion. I just manage each situation as it arises and hope that I do the right thing. It's mainly 70% guesswork, 10% advice and 20% common sense anyway......
This user would like to thank mimi1981 for this useful post: