Thread: teething
View Single Post
Old 24.06.2011, 15:44
Forum Legend

Groaned at 21 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,173 Posts
mimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: teething

Quote:
View Post
Honestly, naw, I wouldn't over do it and panic, checking every single thing that ends up in the kiddo's mouth, nor feel bad, why...

But I'd be cautious of meds that would be longer period and, of bisphenolA plastic stuff, that child would be attached to and gnaw on for weeks on. Lidocaine for a day or two, I woudn't fret, with a week break. I wouldn't be so comfortable applying Lidocaine for a week or two, though. We are all different, this is not a recipe on how to deal with teething babes and moms.
Well my one had Bonjela every night for 7 days at a time, with the doctors blessing. She didn't have anything in the daytime, just Bonjela and parats at night to help her (and me) sleep.

Luckily toys and other kids proved to be enough of a distraction in the daytime to stop her needing anything in her waking hours

As you say, there are no recipes for correct parenting, teething techniques or anything when it comes to kids. Each one is different and even what works one day for the same kid won't work for them the next day. I'm learning that the hard way at the moment as darling daughter is hitting that lovely tantrum stage that I was sooooo looking forward to
This user would like to thank mimi1981 for this useful post: