View Single Post
Old 24.06.2011, 17:11
The Marmite Moderator

Groaned at 433 Times in 330 Posts
Thanked 21,451 Times in 11,245 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
I wasn't talking about CVs, it's not as easy as that...

I was talking about "employment record" here in Switzerland, if I'm not mistaken, employers have to, by law, give you a record of your former job, description and usually if you're not complimented there or for example if it's not said you're an efficient worker or something like that. It sounds fishy to them and what they do is phone your former employment to ask for details...

So yeah, not as easy....
There is no central emploment record. The employer has to give you a refrence, if the job was of short duration just forget about it. If you don't give details, there is nobody to call up!
An ex-boss, he was my boss for 5 months 10 yeras ago, that job does not show up on his CV, he was fired without notice, what I could not understand how he got through his 3 months trial. He worke for the government for the previous 10 years.....
I know someone who was overqualified for a job that he really wanted, I suggested he dropped the 'Dr' bit, the look on his silly little face, neeless to say he did not get the job. Your CV needs to match what they are looking for!
The following 2 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: