View Single Post
Old 26.06.2011, 03:04
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 44 Times in 28 Posts
higgybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fired while on probationary period

Quote:
View Post
Well, I'll be honest, if it were me who was being let go during my probationary period, I'd be disappointed (not surprised, I'm not the easiest person in the world) but I wouldn't fight it - the alternative is to plant yourself with people who don't want you. What a nightmare. If someone wants you gone, go. If you try and do over a large bank or similar through deception they have the power and resources to screw you to the wall for the rest of your life.
Rest of your life? What the **** are you on about economisto? There's life after Banking especially if you leave the beaurocracy of Swiss HR traditions.

You are a 'double hard bar steward', although I'm not sure about the double hard part. I'm sure you'll take it as a compliment.

Swiss employment law is non-existent. If they want to fire you for no reason after 40 years of exemplary work performance for economic (or any other) reason there is no law to stop them (unless there is a clause to the contrary in your contract. which is inlikely for a new starter).