View Single Post
Old 28.06.2011, 10:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 434 Times in 338 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving Switzerland - Driving License

Hello,

I didn't want to start an other thread since this title is appropriate.

I have a Quebecois Driving license (which is independant of the Canadian one) Quebec has a special agreement which give me the right to hold both permit. I didn't have to give my Quebec one to get the Swiss one.

Now that we moved out of Switzerland, I still have both permit. To be able to drive in Spain, I had as a Canadian to take classes and tests. But because I hold a Swiss Driving License I don't have to do it. (Yeah!)

So here it comes:

In Quebec, you have to pay every year 80$ for your Driving permit. And every 4 years (if I remember well) you have to renew it (which cost more) It is a big pain in the behind indeed! And to pay that every year when I am not living there is just ridiculous.

So my question is: Is my Swiss Driving License is good for ever even if we are not in Switzerland anymore?

Could I possibly keep just that one and drive only with that one?

I'll ask Quebec if I can get out of this paiement since I am not there and don't need the ''insurance'' (the 80 ish $ is in part for insurance in case of accident. It is a social system)

Nil