View Single Post
Old 03.07.2011, 17:18
econgal econgal is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Geneva
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
econgal has no particular reputation at present
Non-EU L Permit (full time) to Part time work

Hello all,

I am currently working in switzerland on an L-Permit. I'll finish up my second year on the L-permit at the start of 2010, at which point I believe I'm up for the B (or kicked out). I'm from the US (non-EU)

I'm debating a job switch. The job is in France, and I would having working rights in France. However, I would like to remain with my current Swiss employer part-time.

I'm not a student (nor do I want the student part-time visa - which is what I see mostly in regards to part time working permits)

My question is about getting part-time working permits for non-eu workers in Switzerland. Is it as difficult as regular work permits? Rarely seen? Any possibility of just switching once I'm on the B if I get it? Anyone have a similar experience?

Many thanks in advance for advice...
Reply With Quote