View Single Post
Old 08.07.2011, 09:53
Forum Legend

Groaned at 320 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 10,153 Times in 3,571 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you have a UK pension?

Quote:
View Post
Would some of you financial whizz-kids be kind enough to give an old lady an opinion on whether the UK£ and the US$ are going to continue their dramatic slide against the Swiss franc, or whether you see some glimmer of hope on the horizon for an improvement.<snip>
I'm no whizz kid financial or otherwise. But the long-term trend is clear from CHF20 to £1 in the 1950s to today's rate.

I read an article on the strength of the pound being held up by North Sea oil. (This was part of Britain's manufacturing demise.) Yesterday the euro interest rate went up to 1.5% while the pound remains at 0.5%. This will not help the exchange rate either.

In the mid term, I can't see such a high rate of the franc can last, but again the 50 year trend means it is unlikely to see the pound over CHF2.00 again. But what do I know?

I feel for you and there is a massive advantage in investing in a pension fund in the currency you will retire in...

Fed up of smoking? 10 tips to quit in 10 days
The following 2 users would like to thank AbFab for this useful post: