View Single Post
Old 08.07.2011, 10:06
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,781 Times in 704 Posts
ceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you have a UK pension?

Quote:
View Post
I'm no whizz kid financial or otherwise. But the long-term trend is clear from CHF20 to 1 in the 1950s to today's rate.

I read an article on the strength of the pound being held up by North Sea oil. (This was part of Britain's manufacturing demise.) Yesterday the euro interest rate went up to 1.5% while the pound remains at 0.5%. This will not help the exchange rate either.

In the mid term, I can't see such a high rate of the franc can last, but again the 50 year trend means it is unlikely to see the pound over CHF2.00 again. But what do I know?

I feel for you and there is a massive advantage in investing in a pension fund in the currency you will retire in...
Unfortunately, we probably haven't even got 10 years left, let alone 50 and, originally the intention was to retire in the UK, but the lure of his homeland was too much for my old boy.
Yes, if the UK hadn't given their North Sea oil away, things might not be so bleak for the .
Thanks so much for your help, Ab Fab.