View Single Post
Old 08.07.2011, 15:20
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,781 Times in 704 Posts
ceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you have a UK pension?

Quote:
View Post
If you have property to sell - then re-converting into s would a long way towards compensating for the extra cost of property in UK (well maybe not if you are in GVA or Zh gold coasts, in which case you'd be fine!

Funny though, if ever I did have a major health problem, I'd go straight back to the UK FOR the NHS. One's own experiences and those of those around us do so influence how we see things. Hospitals in CH do look much nicer, the food is better- but for good medicine I sincerely believe the NHS is way ahead (and I am Swiss).

We are fortunate to have space and enough land to become more or less self-sufficient if we have to, and live very close to the border so we can shop in France. We can do frugal, been there, done that, plenty of T-shirts to that effect. Good news this am at the accountants, our taxes are plummeting as fast as the , hurray.
Thanks, Odile.
Yes we do own the place we live in. That's where all our capital is.
We live in it though so the only ones who'll benefit will be our kids when we fall off our perches.
We've already 'downsized' and changed our house to an apartment but the charges on the apartment seem to increase at the same alarming rate that our pension value decreases by.