View Single Post
Old 12.07.2011, 18:15
Pattie33 Pattie33 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Renen (VD)
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Pattie33 has no particular reputation at present
Can an independent business apply for a B permit on behalf on a new staff

Hi guys,

I decided to post a new thread as i could not find a close enough answer to my many questions on the different threads. Ok, here we go...

I am a non EU citizen currently holding a B permit as a PhD student. Unfortunately, i was not able to secure funding for my research and i was told that i could continue my studies provided i could show proof of sufficient funds to sponsor myself for the duration of the study for that year. Well, this i did and got my current B permit. However, i have still not landed any job at the Uni and still unemployed.

Recently, i got a job offer from a potential employer who is willing to employ me for a long term contract (that might lead to an indefinite contract), based on performance. Thing is, the employer's business is registered as an independent at the moment even though the status will change as from next year January, as Swiss regulation requires that a main office be set up when an independent business starts operating on a certain capital.

My question is, can this employer (who is also a non EU citizen) employ me full time with the current business status of an independent? I have been asked by the employer to find out the necessary steps needed to get things moving so that i can start working in August given that this is something the employer has never done before.

Before going to the commune, i would be grateful for some useful suggestions. In this case, what kind of permit would i be receiving, a B permit or an L permit? What are the chances that the switch would be an easy one given that my current status shows that i am a doctoral student -albeit an unemployed one? My future employer is looking towards offering something of a long-term contract. The role would be something close to an office manager.

Secondly, i was told by the commune that i could work at the university 100%, but any other position that i get out of the university would have to be partime ( about 15 hours or less a week). Has anyone had this experience and how did you manage it?

I would love to continue with my PhD, but without any funding, it is getting kind of tough as i am now well into my second year.

Sorry for the very long post...
Reply With Quote