View Single Post
Old 19.07.2011, 16:12
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 63 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,115 Posts
KeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thread titles - What first pops into your head, when you read one?

Quote:
View Post
Sometimes when perusing the "Today's Posts" list of thread titles, some just jump out and invite an immediate response (from me at least), purely from the title alone - immaterial of what the actual post subject matter may be.

It can either be, a case of the exact title having an ambiguous meaning, or an accidental, or deliberate misreading of one or more of the words, or just even typos.

I often have an insatiable desire to post a reply (in a troll-like fashion) on many threads, but really have to control myself - especially having read the opening post, and realising that a supposed attempt at wit, may no longer be relevant or appropriate.
It's tempting, isn't it? Especially when you read "Picking the Right Burger" and think it said "Picking the Right Booger".

Quote:
I don't know if I'm the only weirdo in this regard, or if there are any other readers out there, who pick up on this?
It's EF; you're surrounded by weirdos.

P.S. Where's the thread that gives directions for how to copy a link to another thread?