View Single Post
Old 21.09.2006, 08:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 41 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 4,899 Times in 1,697 Posts
Nickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why I HATE Switzerland.

I think you are missing the point of the original poster, I think more than anything he wants to fit in and be happy here but if you have read the whole thread you will have read that this guy is at rock bottom financially and emotionally, he has been living with his wifes parents, his wife is studying here and he has a young child, he has moved here for them and doesn't have sufficient language skills yet, which, it seems is his main hurdle for getting a job to support his family - I think anyone in this situation even if they were living in their home country would be feeling a little desperate and scared

I don't think comments like 'if you don't like it go home' will help one bit - do you?

Quote:
Hi evilshell,

I've had complaints, but it was often misdirected and about petty things. For a long time I had to be reminded by a good Swiss friend that I was living in a foreign country and that differences are a natural part of that. I've finally come to accept these differences and embrace it as part of the excitement of living in a foreign culture.

While there are valid complaints, I think a lot of it has to do with the individual and not the country or people of Switzerland. It's possible to find problems no matter where you live. I agree that you shouldn't just go "lalalala", but if you have a problem you should do something about it: Just complaining doesn't solve anything.

I also had problems fitting in when I first immigrated and I understand how difficult it can be. But things changed once I realized that my happiness was my responsibilty. It's what you make of it. Thanks for the reply, chris