View Single Post
Old 12.08.2011, 23:24
mrshunkydorey mrshunkydorey is offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Commugny Canton Vaud
Posts: 213
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 119 Times in 69 Posts
mrshunkydorey is considered knowledgeablemrshunkydorey is considered knowledgeablemrshunkydorey is considered knowledgeable
How does a Swiss resident go about claiming a debt from a per on domiciled in the UK?

I have been asked if I can assist a Swiss family in trying to claim a debt from a person/s domiciled in the UK. Can anyone point me in the right direction? My first thought was through the small claims court but as they do not live in England or Wales this is not an option.

As a brief history, the Swiss family own a holiday apartment in France that was rented out go a English family who failed to pay for the holiday. Does anyone have any suggestions apart from writing to them how they can go about recovering their money? Any advise would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote