View Single Post
Old 12.08.2011, 23:56
Posts: n/a
Re: How does a Swiss resident go about claiming a debt from a per on domiciled in the

Except through common misconception, England and Wales does not have a Small Claims Court as an establishment separate from the County Court.[5] Instead, low value cases, including most non-personal injury cases up to 5,000, will usually be assigned to the small claims track, producing a small claims action in the County Court. These cases are heard by District Judges under an informal procedure.[6]
The separate small claims procedure was first introduced for claims up to 75 in 1973.[7] This flowed from the statutory power of judges to order arbitration.[8] The limit was raised to 1,000 in 1991, 3,000 in 1996 and 5,000 in 1999. As of 2011 consultation is underway on raising the limit to 15,000.[7] It should be noted that the limit is only a guideline. The court may allocate a case to the small claim track where the claim is over the guideline if it is considered that the case is simple enough that it is an appropriate way of disposing of the matter.

I think you could simply write to the county court where the culprit is living and ask their advice. As the holiday was in France, the French court might be responsible.

Another track is to employ a debt collector. Or put rats through their letter box.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post: