View Single Post
Old 11.11.2007, 11:49

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
kfcfriend has no particular reputation at present
Re: GA or U-Abo(TNW) plus Halbtax

I agree with the others. I did a similar calculation on coming to Zurich and decided that it was a lot of money to be spending per month on days out at the weekend to make it worthwhile. I would not normally spend that much.

For me, it has been the right decision not to get the GA. I have travelled weekends with work on occasions, and if I have had a busy week, I am sometimes too tired to be bothered doing a major trip somewhere over the weekend. If I had the GA, I would be feeling guilty about having spent all that money and not using it!

Also, in my first year, I really wanted to explore my immediate surroundings first, so that I knew where to take friends when they visit. I might get the GA one year perhaps when I decide to have a Switzerland year and really explore the rest of the country. Even then, I am not sure I would get the full value from it, but psychologically I like the idea of just being able to jump on a train and not think how much it is costing me.

I had thought about being nerdy and making a little database to record how much money I spend on travel, but to be honest, because I have decided to explore my immediate surroundings first, it isn't an issue. I am clearly not spending that much money.

kfc.