View Single Post
Old 19.08.2011, 21:49
humblesoul humblesoul is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 28
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
humblesoul has no particular reputation at present
Non EU PhD student: how to get C permit


I have been reading the forum regarding how one can get the C permit. I understand from the bullets in Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points. that for a Non-EU it takes 10 years of continuous stay in Switzerland to be able to apply for a C permit.

I am currently a PhD student holding a Aufenthaltsbewilligung(B) (also mentioned is 'Anmerkungen': Ausbildung mit Erwerbstaetigkeit). Does the 4-year of stay here as a PhD student count towards the 10-year C permit requirement or will the number of years count only after I finish the PhD and resume work or as a Post-doc here?

Another question I had was if I am allowed to stay here for 6 months after I finish my PhD in order to find a job. Is that law applicable to non-EU nationals as well?

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote