View Single Post
Old 21.09.2006, 16:11

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
gurutalon has made some interesting contributions
Re: Why I HATE Switzerland.

I don't really want to leave. I have friends here now, and I have a feeling if I knew the language and could find a job and interact with people I might enjoy it more. I just didn't think it would take me YEARS to learn the language. I have been here 15 months now and barely get by in hoch deutsch and know no swiss dialect. If I have to wait until I can converse to find a job my family WILL have died. We have enough money until December and then I don't know what we will do. My wife wants to stay in Europe so our daughter can be bilingual, and seeing how important it is I now agree. I don't want something like this to happen to her someday. If we go back to the states she will NEVER be bilingual, because noone there speaks anything but English, except illegals. I find out later if I passed the CELTA, but if not I guess I will just have to get 2 or 3 crap jobs and never see my family so that they can survive here, because I know nothing of business, which seems to be the only other career for English speakers. And unless they invent a technology to learn a language in a few short weeks I will need money soon. I can't continue to live off credit. I think I may try to teach private lessons if I don't pass, won't make much but it will be something and maybe sell newspapers, cause I doubt you need much German for that, so I do have options, but you can't raise a family on them.