View Single Post
Old 20.08.2011, 00:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Importing a car thats already in Switzerland

As the car is not hers & was not registered in her name for 6 months before coming to CH it's not tax exempt. It's more complicated to import as it's not being imported under the exemption. Is an IDENTICAL model officially imported to CH?

Quote:
View Post
Hi
A friend of mine needs some advice importing a car into Switzerland. I know there have been a few threads about this, but they don't quite cover this case.
Hold on it gets complicated!
The car is already in Switzerland, but on Czech plates and is taxed in the Czech republic. So now she wants to get Swiss plates as she is getting fed up with being stopped at the border.

My colleague wasn't sure if she would be staying long term in Switzerland so just kept the Czech plates. Now its been a year and she wants to make it official in Switzerland.
The car is in her fathers name, but she will get the ownership transferred.

Can she avoid paying import tax as the car is 3yrs old?

Whats the best way to get this done without any 'Swiss' complications!

Cheers.
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: