View Single Post
Old 23.08.2011, 15:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 102 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 9,770 Times in 4,115 Posts
Carlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The medical advantages of homeopathy

Quote:
View Post
Aren't all placebos fraud ? That's a moot point, if they work, they work. Simples.
No. Saying something will work and hedging your bets on a placebo effect is fraud. You don't "prescribe" placebo in the normal course of medical therapy.

Now. Stop deflecting and...

Quote:
View Post
No deflection, it was a honest direct answer to your question, and a logical one at that.
Ha. No it isn't. It is irrelevant. When I need legal advice, I go to a lawyer. When I need to have something built, I get a builder. When I need medical help, I go to a Dr. When I need my taxes done, I go to an accountant.

While I may have a base understanding of some of the things I need help on, but when it comes to important decisions, I rely on the expert - that's what I am paying for. If that expert is trying to sell me random chance with placebo, I question that person's authority to call themselves an expert.

Now stop deflecting and answer the question. A question which specifically asks what choice you would make. Not whether you should have the choice (which is your question and one step earlier than mine).

Last edited by Carlos R; 23.08.2011 at 15:59.