View Single Post
Old 28.08.2011, 20:44

Groaned at 8 Times in 4 Posts
AhYesBut has an excellent reputationAhYesBut has an excellent reputationAhYesBut has an excellent reputationAhYesBut has an excellent reputation
Re: Lazy parents make happy families

I take the extra-curricular activities of my children very seriously : including toastmasters, jazz appreciation and a course in thai cookery. They have yet to really demonstrate the benefits of these activities but I have great hopes for them as soon as they move on from kindergarten.

AYB

Quote:
Really good to read a thread reassuring me that I am not alone when shuddering at the vast array of out of school clubs and activities.

Jesus, why are most of those activities on at daft times during the afternoon during which grown ups oddly refer to as "paid time in the office".

Also feeling much less guilty about whole weekend afternoons spent faffing about then realising it's 5 o'clock and we have bugger all to show for it. Can't even claim to have been creative or particularly mumsy during that time either.

If I still lived in the UK, social services would be onto me for being a terminally dull parent.
The following 5 users would like to thank AhYesBut for this useful post: