View Single Post
Old 28.08.2011, 20:59
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,262 Times in 584 Posts
Meisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lazy parents make happy families

Cool thread. Thanks MarieZug
I was actually discussing this exact topic with an American friend of mine recently who has a similar feeling to that of the OP. She says that back home, many of her friends have their children enrolled in so many activities that they rarely get to even have family dinners together. She does not want to follow that route.

Where I grew up, my friends and I usually had one activity out of school and then a couple within school (athletics is HUGE where I come from ).
We never had the stress of being booked into too many things so learning about how parents these days (well, here and in the US anyway) and their families are so hectic and busy with many activities was/is an eye opener for me.

I will definitely be taking the 'laid back' approach as it's what I know and what I'm comfortable with and from what I can tell, it's more balanced than the other way anyway.