View Single Post
Old 29.08.2011, 17:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,233 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Office etiquette: should kisses be banned?

Quote:
View Post
....At the same time I think we were talking about the work place which is somewhere that other than the above situation that I don't often have to interact with anybody who is not considdered of the conenting adult age and can make thier own decisions about kiss or shake...

Good point. I would like to think the same---unfortunately I hear far too many stories here of new female workers who feel obligated to partake in these rituals and are extremely uncomfortable just before, during and after.

I don't have the same uncomfort level as they do, but I try to take a bit of empathy and try to imagine a work setting where my boundaries were over-stepped. For sake of arguement, it would be very extreme, but if it still bothered me weeks after, I would hope my employers would takes steps to improve the situation.