View Single Post
Old 20.09.2011, 11:32
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chammy has no particular reputation at present
Setting up a deposit account

Hello,

I've done a search on this and can't really find the answers I'm looking for...

After an apartment-hunting visit to Zurich, I was contacted around 5 days ago to be told one of my applications had been accepted

The rental contract is currently being sent overseas by the agency (Schaeppi), upon which I read, sign, and return. I was told by the agency that before I pick up the keys on the move-in date, I need to have deposited the caution in to an account.... I know there are special accounts for this in place, but my questions are;

1. I'm currently in the UK - what would be the best/easiest way of opening one of these accounts (and would anyone recommend any in particular). Can I pre-arrange over the telephone, do I need to book an appointment, can I just turn up with cash in hand..?

2. How long does it take to open an account, and what do I need to provide (given that I don't officially have a swiss address as yet)?

3. How long does it take the money to 'clear'?

4. What proof will I need to receive from the bank to prove I have deposited the money?

My move-in date is early October (3/10) - Could I feasible get the account setup and money transferred the same day, or would I need to do a visit prior to this?

Cheers!