View Single Post
Old 20.09.2011, 12:08
Forum Legend

Groaned at 33 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 6,890 Times in 2,223 Posts
Village Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Setting up a deposit account

Quote:
View Post
1. I'm currently in the UK - what would be the best/easiest way of opening one of these accounts (and would anyone recommend any in particular). Can I pre-arrange over the telephone, do I need to book an appointment, can I just turn up with cash in hand..?

2. How long does it take to open an account, and what do I need to provide (given that I don't officially have a swiss address as yet)?

3. How long does it take the money to 'clear'?

4. What proof will I need to receive from the bank to prove I have deposited the money?
I can't answer the first point, but in our case we made an appointment at UBS and 30 minutes later walked out with the confirmation that the account was opened and funded, which we forwarded along to the landlord. All very straight-forward and everyone seems to know the process.