View Single Post
Old 19.11.2007, 08:42
Alexis_M Alexis_M is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: GE
Posts: 19
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Alexis_M has no particular reputation at present
Re: What is "vente en nom" and "vente en PPE"?

View Post
Found this explanation by googling - hope it helps

...Some houses are owned by a company, called société immobilière or S.I., of which the house is the only asset. You don't buy the house, but the company. This form of ownership is no longer is fashion but some houses are sold like this. To stress that the sale is not through a société immobilière (or S.I.), some brokers list the house as being sold en nom (under name). Please note that buying through a société immobilière or through a strawman does not change one iota of the Lex Friedrich restricting sale of Swiss real estate to foreigners.

Thank you UKPenguin.

Between Swiss and foreigners there are "border" cases. For example, I know that with the Swiss residence permit type "B" one can buy a plot of land and a house on it. Or only a land for the house (terrain).

What I do not know if having "B" for canton Geneva one can buy the house in canton Vaud, where prices are more realistic.
Reply With Quote