View Single Post
Old 21.09.2011, 09:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 3,594 Times in 1,689 Posts
gata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Setting up a deposit account

Quote:
View Post
This all sounds great so far - just one more question;

How do I transfer the full caution (~4000 chf) in to the account quickly? I'm assuming that if I do a wireless transfer from my UK HSBC account, it'll take some days to clear? I'm assuming that cash would be instantaneous, but I'm not exactly keen on taking out 4000 CHF in the days leading up to the 3rd, and then travelling to Zurich with it in my back pocket!

How early in advance should I be looking to open the account in order to allow time for an international transfer prior to the 3/10?
And then posting here "My money was stolen from my back pocket, what should i do?"

Dont ever carry money in your back pocket here.

Ok on topic. I think transferring from your bank to a bank here wont take too long. Max three days. So open the appropriate account as soon as possible and you will be fine. Ive done the opposite (Swiss bank to UK bank) and the money was there in a matter of hours