View Single Post
Old 21.09.2011, 16:25
Beam Beam is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N/A
Posts: 65
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Beam has no particular reputation at present
Insurance to cover driving anyone's car.

Hi, I've got the use of somebody's car occasionally, and I would like to sometimes hire a car too (in CH). But my milage is going to be fairly low, maybe 1500 km per annum perhaps, if that. I don't know how insurance works here, but is it possible to get a fully comprehensive cover on driving any car without owning one yourself? Is that cost effective or would it be better to just get insured on the one car I can borrow and pay the full cost of car hire when I rent one? By the way I presume that an EU (IRL) licence is ok for the first year I'm living here and I've a B permit so I can get insurance right?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote